Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1823: The United States recognize de facto the Greek Revolutionary Council
- 1944: Five leftist Ministers of the Papandreou government resign in protest at Gen. Scobie's call for the dissolution of the National Popular Liberation Army (ELAS).
- 1979: Nikos Galis debuts in Greek Basketball with Aris BC and scores 30 points against Iraklis BC
- 1997: A bomb explodes at the Patrιarchate of Constantinople, seriously injuring Orthodox deacon, Nectarius Nikolou, and damaging several buildings.
- 1922: Iakovos Kabanellis, playwright
- 1923: Maria Callas, Greek-American diva
- 1944: Dionysis Savvopoulos, music composer, lyricist and singer