Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1862: A movement to oust King Otto of Greece is put down by Athanasios Miaoulis.
- 1902: The Ministry of the Military orders confiscated all copies of the translated Bible in Greece. The row over the translation of the Bible into modern Greek is known in history as "The Evangelical events" (Ta Evangelika).
- 1916: Italian army units land in Kerkyra.
- 1988: Greek PM Andreas Papandreou and Turkish PM Turgut Ozal, sign the Davos Accord.
- 1998: Aris Thessaloniki (coached by Christos Magotsios) put aside the financial problems to win the Greek Cup by overcoming AEK (coached by Yiannis Ioannidis) 71-68 in the final. Panagiotis Liadelis is voted MVP
- 1937: Antonis Christeas, basketball player.
- 1966: Kyros Vassaras, international football referee.
- 1966: Vasilis Dimitriadis, footballer.
- 1940: Zacharias Papantoniou, writer, poet.
- 2002: Stathis Tsanaktzis, footballer