Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1149: Consecration of the Crusader Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, on the 50th anniversary of the capture of the city in 1099, as the crusaders built upon the renovation work of Byzantine Emperor Constantine IX Monomachos started in 1048.
- 1955: Cyprus governor, Robert Armitage, establishes the "Detention of Persons Law" which abolishes the writ of habeas corpus in Cyprus.
- 1965: PM Georgios Papandreou's government is brought down by King Constantine II.
- 1974: The Cyprus National Guard overthrows President Makarios and installs Nikos Sampson in his place.
- 1995: A strong earthquake (6.4 on the Richter scale) causes 26 casualties in Aigio and surrounding villages
- 1992: Nikos Galis joins Panathinaikos.
- 2010: Olympiakos FC defeat KS Besa of Albania 5-0 in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League, recording their greatest ever away win in Europe.
- 2012: The Under-19 National Football Team of Greece lose 1-0 to Spain in the final of the European Cup.
- 1935: Alex Karras, Greek-American football player and actor.
- 1943: Loukianos Kilaidonis, singer, songwriter
- 1962: Nikos Philippou, basketball player