Katerine Avgoustakis is a singer that won the 2005 edition of Star Academy in Belgium. She was born in Belgium on September 16 1983, to a Greek father and a Belgian mother, who passed away in 2005.
She currently lives in Maasmechelen.
Katerine used to be a beauty specialist and saleswoman before she won Star Academy in 2005.
She plays the piano and used to be in a choir. She was also a member of the band Indiana, with which she participated in the Eurovision Song Contest of Belgium, in 2002.
Years later, in 2006, she entered the Belgian pre-selections of Eurovision Song Contest again, where she won the pre-selection round, but was voted off right before the finale. One of the reasons the judges named was that they thought that because of her Greek descent Belgium would have less chance winning, seeing as how the 2005 winner of the contest, Elena Paparizou, is also Greek.
|2005||Katerine||Belgian UltraTop 50 Albums||#9|
|2005||Katerine||Belgian Top 20 Albums||#3|
|Katerine in Belgian UltraTop 50 Albums|
|Katerine in Belgian Artists Top 20 Albums|
- Belgium has two official hit parades:
- The UltraTop 50 is a chart which featured both Belgian as International singles and albums.
- The Belgian Top 20 is a chart which featured albums and singles by only Belgian artists.
- The album peaked at #86 in the Belgium UltraTop 50 Albums Year End Chart and #27 in the Belgian Top 50 Albums Year End chart.
- All regularly Singles and their chart peak position: Belgium (BE), Netherlands (NED)
|2005||"Here Come All The Boys"||Katerine||5||89|
|2006||"Take Me Home/Watch Me Move"||Katerine||15|
|2007||"Don't Put It On Me"||TBA||*|
|Top 10 hits||2||0|
- Official Website
- YouTube: Don't Put It On Me Promo
- YouTube: Watch Me Move - Live Eurovision Final