- 1914: The local Greeks of Korytsa liberate their town from the Albanian occupiers.
- 1926: The Athens Academy is founded.
- 1941: The Italian Spring offensive against the Greek forces ends in failure.
- 1943: Italian occupation troops execute several Greeks in Kastoria, western Macedonia. Among those killed is the local priest Father Ch. Papachristou.
- 1947: Yiannis Zevgos, a communist former Minister of Agriculture, is slain by right-wing extremists in Thessaloniki.
- 1952: PM Nikolaos Plastiras falls ill and is replaced by Sophoklis Venizelos