Phantis:Selected anniversaries/July 23
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1833: The Church of Greece declared itself independent of Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1974: The military government in Greece collapsed and former prime minister Constantine Karamanlis was invited to return.
- 1974: Nikos Sampson, junta-appointed President of Cyprus resigned and was replaced by Parliament President Glafkos Clerides
- 2002: 37-year old teacher, Konstantinos Telios, surrendered to the police in Thessaloniki as a member of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November.
- Births: Nikos Galis (1957), basketball player
- Deaths: Aliki Vougiouklaki (1996), actress