Phantis:Selected anniversaries/June 13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1798: Rigas Feraios was strangled to death.
- 1825: A Greek force under Dimitrios Ypsilantis and Ioannis Makriyiannis repelled the army of Ibrahim Pasha at Myloi, Argolis.
- 1835: King Otto started to rule in fact, as well as in name, as the rule of his three Bavarian advisers came to an end.
- 1905: PM Theodoros Deligiannis was assassinated by a gambler in revenge for the measures he enacted against gambling establishments.
- 2011: Greece becomes the country with the lowest credit rating in the world after S&P downgrades to CCC.
- Births: Phaedon Gizikis, Junta-appointed President of Greece (1917), Vasilis Karapialis, footballer (1965)
- Deaths: Rigas Feraios, poet (1798), Theodoros Deligiannis, politician (1905).