- April 26: The government of Ioannis Kapodistrias publishes the first law concerning the press.
- June 17: The first Greek paper currency is put into circulation.
- October 9: Ioannis Kapodistrias is assassinated outside St Spyridon church in Nafplio.
- October 21: Georgios Mavromichalis is executed for the murder of Governor Ioannis Kapodistrias
- December 5: Augustinos Kapodistrias is named President of the government of Greece.
- July 25: Gregorios Maraslis, national benefactor
- October 9: Ioannis Kapodistrias, first governor of Greece
- October 9: Konstantinos Mavromichalis, assassin of Kapodistrias (lynched)
- October 21: Georgios Mavromichalis, assassin of Kapodistrias (executed)
- Yiannis Dyovouniotis, revolutionary.