- February 12: The Maritime Hospital of Piraeus is founded.
- March 16: Arthur Evans purchases the site in Crete where he believes the Minoan palace of Knossos to be.
- April 1: Prince George is named High Commissioner of Crete.
- May 13: Sotiris Versis breaks the Greek record in the shot put with 11.49m.
- September 7: Almost 100 persons die as the steamship "Sarkia" sinks off Andros.
- February 19: Giorgos Seferis, poet
- March 10: Pantelis Pouliopoulos, communist leader
- December 17: Katina Paxinou, actress
- Ioannis Paraskevopoulos, banker, Prime Minister
- Fotis Giagoulas, notorious bandit
- Yiannis Andrianopoulos, football player and coach
- May 11: Archbishop Sofronios III of Cyprus.
- Dimitrios Bayraktaris, Athens chief of police