- February 3: Georgios Kalafatis establishes a new club: Panathinaikos FC.
- February 19: There is a big uproar in educational circles as the Demotic version of the Greek language is introduced in Primary Schools.
- July 8: Greek and Bulgarian guerrilas battle near Mt Kaymaktsalan in Macedonia.
- July 11: Sultan Abdul Hamid, under pressure from the Young Turk movement, grants rights to the Ottoman subjects including full amnesty to guerrilas in Macedonia. The Macedonian Struggle ends as both Greek and Bulgarian partizans cease their activity.
- September 24: The people of Chania gather in Aris Square and declare "Enosis" (Union) of Crete with Greece.
- October 4: Former Macedonian Struggle chieftain, Pavlos Rokovitis, is murdered in his home by Young Turks. This act is followed by other killings of Greek leaders in Macedonia.
- October 12: The Cretan Council declares "Enosis" (union) of Crete with Greece.
- October 30: The first electric trams appear making their runs at Acharnon Street in Athens
- November 24: An unknown disease destroys oak trees in Crete. Inhabitants perform a litany and bring the Holy Belt (Αγία Ζώνη) from Mount Athos (Άγιον Όρος) for that purpose.