Revision as of 10:27, September 26, 2008 by Irlandos
- February 18: A strong earthquake (6.8 on the Richter scale) strikes Chania, Crete, causing six fatalities.
- March 6: Two farmers are shot dead by soldiers at Kileler in Thessaly, as demonstrations break out in the area.
- March 12: The Battleship Georgios Averof is launched.
- May 10: Chrysostom arrives at Smyrna to take up his post as Bishop.
- May 23: A hail storm in Domokos, Phthiotis prefecture, destroys several roof tops, kills many animals and causes over 1,000,000 drachmas of damages (a considerable amount in those days).
- November 28: Landslide victory for Eleftherios Venizelos and his Liberal Party winning 307 out of 362 seats in Parliament.
- January 7: Yiannis Papaioannou, composer, music teacher.
- January 11: Nikos Kavvadias, writer
- January 13 (NS): Yiannis Tsarouchis, painter
- Georgios Plytas, politician, Mayor of Athens
- Nikos Stavridis, actor
- Achilleas Grammatikopoulos, footballer
- Gregorios Staktopoulos, man accused of the George Polk murder
- Georgios Zoitakis, general, regent for King Constantine II