Jump to navigation Jump to search
- June 4: Greece rejected a Soviet note urging that no missile bases be established on Greek soil.
- June 7: The first elafro music festival in Greece, organized by the National Institute of Radio (Εθνικό Ίδρυμα Ραδιοφωνίας - EIR)
- June 28: PROPO includes a 13th game
- October 25: Greek Football A Division championship league is officially born
- October 28: The electricity plant of Ptolemaida begins its operations
- October 29: An Olympic Airways Douglas Aircraft Company DC-3 crashes near Athens. All 18 passengers and crew members perish.
- December 13: Archbishop Makarios III is elected first President of the Republic of Cyprus, receiving 66.29% of the vote against 32.92% of Ioannis Clerides
- December 21: The expedition of a permanent Greek force in Cyprus is decided. This force would come to be known as EL.DY.K.