Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 28: The Greek Parliament rejects by 170 to 117 the move to censure PM Constantine Karamanlis over his signing the Zurich and London agreements. ERE MPs applaud the result while Sophoklis Venizelos walks out of the chamber after he shouts "Long live Enosis!".
- June 4: Greece rejected a Soviet note urging that no missile bases be established on Greek soil.
- June 7: The first elafro music festival in Greece, organized by the National Institute of Radio (Εθνικό Ίδρυμα Ραδιοφωνίας - EIR)
- June 28: PROPO includes a 13th game
- October 7: Archbishop Makarios III and Georgios Grivas meet in Rhodes and sign a cooperation agreement.
- October 25: Greek Football A Division championship league is officially born
- October 28: The electricity plant of Ptolemaida begins its operations
- October 29: An Olympic Airways Douglas Aircraft Company DC-3 crashes near Athens. All 18 passengers and crew members perish.
- December 13: Archbishop Makarios III is elected first President of the Republic of Cyprus, receiving 66.29% of the vote against 32.92% of Ioannis Clerides
- December 21: The expedition of a permanent Greek force in Cyprus is decided. This force would come to be known as EL.DY.K.