Difference between revisions of "1969"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
*[[July 13]]: [[Kakhi Kakhiasvili]], weightlifter
Revision as of 14:48, July 3, 2007
- January 31: The Central Committee of the Communist Party of Greece purges Antonis Brillakis and Babis Drakopoulos.
- May 30: The first Greek policewomen go on duty.
- June 27: Michail Stasinopoulos is forced by the Junta to resign his position as President of the Council of the State. After the restoration of democracy, Stasinopoulos will serve as President of Greece.
- October 15 - The Greek television covers for the first time a football match held in Greece. The National Football Team beat Switzerland 4-1 for the World Cup qualifying round. Giorgos Koudas, Vasilis Botinos (2) and Giorgos Sideris score the goals.
- December 5: A pacemaker is implanted for the first time in a heart patient in Greece.
- December 8: An Olympic Airways Douglas DC-6 crashes near Keratea, Athens. All 90 passengers and crew (85 passengers and 5 crew members) perish.