- 1848: An attempt is made on the life of Konstantinos Mousouros, Ottoman Ambassador to Greece.
- 1910: 25 men and women farmers are indicted for the bloody events of March 6 at Kileler.
- 1941: King George II and the Greek Government flee to Crete as the Germans march towards Athens.
- 1944: The revolt of Greek leftist troops in Alexandria is put down by force.
- 1956: EOKA fighter, Iakovos Patatsos, is arrested in Lefkosia for the murder of PC Nihat Basif.
- 1979: Nikos Sampson is temporarilly released from prison for health reasons.
- 2003: Greek Cypriots are allowed to visit the occupied North for the first time since 1974. Turkish Cypriots are allowed to visit the South.
- Saint George (traditional; should the day fall within Holy Lent, it is celebrated on Easter Monday)