Jump to navigation Jump to search
Today the world commemorates the 1,500,000 Armenians who lost their lives between the years 1915 and 1923.
- 776: Constantine VI is proclaimed co-emperor by his father, Byzantine emperor Leo IV.
- 1821: Athanasios Diakos is executed by the Turks.
- 1944: 318 Greeks are killed by German occupation troops in Pyrgos, Kozani prefecture.
- 1955: In a "Free Greece" radio broadcast, KKE chairman, Nikos Zachariadis, reveals that EOKA leader "Digenes" is none other than former Organisation X commander Georgios Grivas.
- 1987: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November launch a bomb attack on a US Air Force bus. 16 American soldiers and the driver are injured.
- 2004: Greek Cypriots reject by 75.83% the Annan Plan for Cyprus reunification.
- 1997: Olympiakos defeat Barcelona 73-58 and win the Euroleague.
- 2010: Panathinaikos defeat Aris Thessaloniki 1-0 in the final of the Greek Football Cup to complete their domestic double.
- 1876: Ioannis Georgiadis, fencer, Olympic Gold Medalist.
- 1919: Glafkos Clerides, Cypriot politician and President.
- 1949: Paschalis Terzis, singer
- 1963: Lajos Detari, footballer.
- 1969: Elias Atmatzidis, footballer.