- 969: John I Tzimisces ascends to the Byzantine throne.
- 1282: Andronicus II becomes Byzantine emperor after the death of his father, Michael VIII Palaeologus.
- 1971: It is announced that broadcast television will cover as of 1972 the entire Greek periphery.
- 1990: The "Hour of the Prime Minister" is established in Parliament. Constantine Mitsotakis answers to Charilaos Florakis on the subject of German World War II reparations
- 2009: Unknown individuals steal the corpse of Tassos Papadopoulos from Deftera Cemetery, Cyprus.
- 1968: Greece defeat then-powerhouse Portugal 4-2 in a qualifier of the 1970 World Cup. In utter frustration, Eusebio - considered the best player in Europe - spits at Greek right winger Stathis Haitas.
- 2007: Olympiacos reaches the UEFA Champions League last 16 for the first time in nine seasons after an inspirational display from Ieroklis Stoltidis helped the Greek champions to a stunning 3-0 victory over Group C rivals Werder Bremen in Athens (Stoltidis 12, 74, Kovačević 70).