Revision as of 17:15, December 6, 2014 by Lazarus
- 1876: Heinrich Schliemann begins archaeologocal excavations at Mycenae.
- 1915: Eleftherios Venizelos and his political allies boycott the national elections, resulting in the election of a largely royalist Parliament.
- 1940: The Greek army liberates Agioi Saranda.
- 2008: The shooting death of 15-year-old Alexis Grigoropoulos in Exarchia by the police, sparks widespread riots in Athens, Thessaloniki and other Greek cities.
- 1964: Newly-promoted Proodeftiki shock the Greek football world by defeating Olympiakos 3-0 at Karaiskaki Stadium.
- 2013: Greece draw Colombia, Ivory Coast and Japan in the group stage of the 2014 World Cup.
- Saint Nicholas, patron saint of Greek sailors