Diego Aguirre (born 1967) is an Uruguayan football coach and former player. He became famous in 1987 thanks to the last-gasp goal he scored for Penarol Montevideo against Colombia's America de Cali in the final of the Copa Libertadores (South American club championship cup).
The following year he was brought to Greece and Olympiakos by George Koskotas. His career there was disappointing and uneventful other than an incident in a match against Veria FC: Olympiakos had won the game but Veria appealed after Aguirre's samples tested positive for banned substances.
Aguirre left Greece for South America - after failing a tryout with Fiorentina - and continued playing there.
As a Player
- Liverpool de Montevideo (Uruguay) (1985),
- Peñarol (Uruguay) (1986-87)
- Olympiakos (Greece) (1988)
- Sport Club Internacional (Brazil) (1990)
- São Paulo Futebol Clube (Brazil) (1991)
- Independiente (Argentina) (1992)
- UD Marbella (Spain) (1993-95)
- Peñarol (1995-96)
- River Plate - Uruguay (1997-98).
As a Coach
- Lawn Tenis de Carrasco (Uruguay)
- Plaza Colonia (Uruguay)
- Aucas (Ecuador)
- Peñarol (Uruguay)
- Montevideo Wanderers (Uruguay)
- Alianza Lima (Peru)