- 754: The Council of Hieria begins.
- 1891: Panellinios Gymnastic Club is founded by 27 distinguished members of Athens' high society, materialising an idea by Nikolaos Kotselopoulos.
- 1941: The Italian Airforce bombards Thessaloniki and Patra.
- 1947: The Treaty of Paris awards the Dodecanese Islands to Greece.
- 1947: The New Party is founded by economist Spyros Markezinis.
- 1981: Six Greek workers lose their lives in a ship that burned off Elefsina.
- 1991: Athens mayor Antonis Tritsis visits the bombed capital of Iraq, Baghdad
- 1999: Former Panathinaikos No12 basketball player Petros Panagiotarakos dies aged 56. On November 14, 1962 he made his debut with the national basketball team in a game against Yugoslavia (70-81). He was capped 54 times (404 points).
- 1891: Twenty seven distinguished members of Athenian society found Panellinios, materializing an idea by Nikolaos Kotselopoulos
- 2013: Panathinaikos defeat Olympiakos 81-78 to lift the Greek basketball cup.
- 1896: Sir John Harding, military governor of Cyprus.
- 1926: Kostas Mountakis, Cretan singer.
- 1936: Nadia Konstantopoulou, elafro singer.
- 1938: Giorgos Petridis, footballer.
- 1939: Jenny Vanou, singer.
- 1967: Giorgos Kasnaferis, international referee.