Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1448: Mehmed II ascends to the throne of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1847: The Ottoman Empire recalls its Ambassador to Greece, Konstantinos Mousouros.
- 1953: Economist Spiros Markezinis establishes the Progressive Party (Κόμμα Προοδευτικών).
- 1966: The Turkish government announces its intention to continue the banishment of members of the Greek community in Istanbul.
- 1990: Two bazookas are stolen from the Greek War Museum. The Revolutionary Organization 17 November will assume responsibility two days later.
- 2010: Karolos Papoulias is re-elected President of Greece.
- 1908: Georgios Kalafatis establishes a new club: Panathinaikos FC.
- 1980: Stelios Manolas debuts in the Alpha Ethniki in the match Kastoria - AEK 1-1. The AEK defender will end his career 18 years later.
- 2007: Louis Tsatoumas breaks the Greek indoor record for the long jump with 8.17m.
- 1933: Paul Sarbanes, Greek-American politician.
- 1954: Savvas Tsitouridis, politician.
- 1956: Yiannis Zouganelis, singer, songwriter, entertainer.
- 1966: Kostas Patavoukas, basketball player.
- 1980: Giorgos Doupis, athlete (400m)