- 976: Basil II becomes emperor at age 18. History will come to know him as the "Bulgar-slayer".
- 1218: Henry I ascends to the throne of the Kingdom of Cyprus.
- 1439: The Council of Ferrara is moved to Florence.
- 1927: Clashes break out in Athens between followers of the Julian calendar and followers of the Gregorian calendar.
- 1941: The Greek First Division liberates Kleisoura.
- 1957: EOKA fighter Fotis Pittas is arrested by the British.
- 1983: Greece devalues the drachma by 15.5%
- 1989: Public Prosecutor, Constantine Androulidakis, is attacked and wounded in the legs but dies a month later. The Revolutionary Organisation 17 November assume responsibility.
- 976: John I Tzimisces, Byzantine emperor.
- 1878: Dimitrios Voulgaris, politician and Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1991: Dimitris Myrat, stage actor.
- 2019: Christos Pierrakos, athlete (javelin throw).
- 2023: Former King Constantine II of Greece.