Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1916: A fire destroys the Royal summer palace at Tatoi.
- 1943: German occupation troops burn down the village of Kefalovryso, Ioannina prefecture, Epirus. Among those executed is the village priest.
- 1999: The tourist ship SS "Jason" sinks off the coast of Zakynthos. Four passengers drown.
- 1972: Iraklis player Aristides Moumoglou sets a Greek basketball record by scoring 145 points in a single game against VAO BC. The final score of the game was Iraklis - VAO 170-94.
- 1988: Newly-acquired Olympiakos player Lajos Detari is given a hero's welcome in Piraeus.
- 1999: Olympiakos sign Slovenian midfielder Zlatko Zahovic for nearly 5 billion drachmas, the most expensive, at the time, transfer fee in Greek football history.
- 2008: Irene Kokkinariou breaks the Greek women's record for the 3000m steeplechase with 9:30.72.