Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 325: The First Council of Nicaea concludes with a strong condemnation of Arianism.
- 1821: The Battle of Dragasani takes place.
- 1821: Patriarch Gregory V is buried in Odessa.
- 1913: During the Second Balkan War, the Greek army engages the Bulgarians and the Battle of Kilkis-Lahanas commences.
- 1957: Makarios III presents to the world a list of well-documented, specific cases of torture that have taken place in Cyprus during Sir John Harding's administration.
- 1975: Konstantinos Tsatsos is elected President of the Greek Republic.
- 1960: Giorgos Papavasiliou breaks the Greek record for the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 8:45.8
- 1999: The Greek national team (Vasilis Segos, Alexios Alexopoulos, Giorgos Panagiotopoulos and Christoforos Choidis) break the Greek record for the 4x100m relay with 38.61.
- 1960: Eucleides Tsakalotos, economist, professor and politician
- 1966: Michalis Romanidis, basketball player
- 1970: Antonis Remos, singer
- 1806: Evgenios Voulgaris, clergyman, writer.
- 1865: Evangelos Zappas, national benefactor.
- 1951: Angelos Sikelianos, poet