Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 168 BC: The Romans defeat Perseus of Macedon at the Battle of Pydna.
- 431: Nestorius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1826: Ibrahim Pasha invades Mani but is repelled with heavy casualties.
- 1892: Charilaos Trikoupis forms a government which will be in power when Greece declares bankruptcy.
- 1905: Dimitrios Rallis is appointed Prime Minister by King George I.
- 1916: Alexandros Zaimis forms a government.
- 1920: Beginning of the Greek offensive in Anatolia.
- 1968: Greece defeat Turkey 4-1 to win the 23rd CISM football championship.
- 2010: Greece end their World Cup 2010 campaign with a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Argentina.
- 2011: Greek authorities announce the names of 15 people suspected for 'fixing' matches in the Greek football championships, including club owners Makis Psomiadis and Achilleas Beos; coach Yiannis Papakostas and former footballer Dimitris Zavantias. The scandal was uncovered after the UEFA noticed irregular betting patterns involving first- and second-division club matches.
- 2012: The Greek national team bows out of the UEFA Euro 2012 tournament following a 4-2 loss at the quarterfinals round to Germany in a game that was dubbed the "Bail-Out Game."