Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: The Turks capture Galati, Moldavia.
- 1824: Lord Byron's remains are transferred to Zakynthos for burial.
- 1829: The Turks surrender Nafpaktos to the Greek forces of Avgoustinos Kapodistrias.
- 1893: May Day is celebrated for the first time in Greece.
- 1897: The Greek defenders of Gribovo, Arta are forced to retreat into the city of Arta during the Greco-Turkish War (1897).
- 2010: Eurozone members and the IMF agree to a €110bn (£95bn; $146.2bn) three-year bail-out package to rescue Greece's embattled economy.
- 1979: Panagiotis Kelesidis holds Hungary to a 0-0 tie with Greece in Budapest for the Euro 1980 qualifiers.
- 2009: Olympiakos win the Greek Football Cup on penalties, after a 4-4 thriller of a final match against AEK.