Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 680: The Sixth Ecumenical Council convenes in Constantinople.
- 1911: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople closes all churches until the persecution of Christians stops.
- 1926: Elections are held in Greece following the ouster of Theodoros Pangalos.
- 1943: German Nazi forces destroy the larger part of Karpenisi by setting it on fire.
- 1952: A warm welcome for Alexandros Papagos as the Greeks turn to his Greek Rally party
- 1979: Aris Thessaloniki defeat Perugia 3-0, in Italy, in the UEFA Cup.
- 630: Constans II, Byzantine emperor
- 1913: Alekos Sakellarios, director, writer, reporter
- 1947: Spyros Kontosoros, athlete (3000m steeplechase)
- 1976: Mark Philippoussis, Greek Australian tennis player
- 1976: Angelos Pavlakakis, athlete (100m)