Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1918: The General Labor Union of Greece (GSEE, Greek:ΓΣΕΕ) is established
- 1956: Maria Callas debuts at the Metropolitan Opera of New York singing Bellini's "Norma".
- 1959: An Olympic Airways Douglas Aircraft Company DC-3 crashes near Athens. All 18 passengers and crew members perish.
- 1988:The scandal with George Koskotas surfaces when then Minister of Education, Giorgos Papandreou, accuses Olympiakos' president of illegal transactions with Merril Lynch
- 1822: Thrasivoulos Zaimis, politician, Prime Minister
- 1969: Giorgos Donis, football player and coach.