Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 312: Constantine the Great enters Rome in triumph after the Battle of the Milvian Bridge.
- 1918: The General Labor Union of Greece (GSEE, Greek:ΓΣΕΕ) is established
- 1956: Maria Callas debuts at the Metropolitan Opera of New York singing Bellini's "Norma".
- 1959: An Olympic Airways Douglas Aircraft Company DC-3 crashes near Athens. All 18 passengers and crew members perish.
- 1961: Constantine Karamanlis wins the national elections which - according to the opposition - were rife with violence and corruption.
- 1988:The scandal with George Koskotas surfaces when then Minister of Education, Giorgos Papandreou, accuses Olympiakos' president of illegal transactions with Merril Lynch
- 1822: Thrasivoulos Zaimis, politician, Prime Minister
- 1943: Dusan Ivkovic, basketball coach.
- 1969: Giorgos Donis, football player and coach.