- 1911: Grevena Metropolitan Aimilianos goes missing during a tour.
- 1925: Censorship and martial law are instituted by the Pangalos dictatorship.
- 1947: A major earthquake (7.0 on the Richter scale) strikes Messinia prefecture.
- 1983: Composer Mikis Theodorakis receives the Lenin Award.
- 2004: An Athens Appeals Court convicts four members of the Revolutionary People's Struggle (ELA) for terrorist-related crimes.
- 1999: The New GSP Stadium complex begins operations in Lefkosia.
- 1974: Alexis Georgoulis, actor
- 1982: Stephanos Stephanopoulos, politician, Prime Minister.
- 1993: Katerina Gogou, actress.