Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 451: The Fourth Ecumenical Council begins.
- 1912: Greek forces land in Lemnos during the First Balkan War.
- 1929: Photius II becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1960: General Georgios Grivas announces the formation of a new political party: the "National Recovery Movement".
- 1973: Spiros Markezinis is appointed Prime Minister of Greece by George Papadopoulos.
- 2010: Giorgos Karagounis earns his 100th cap as Greece defeat Latvia 1-0 in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
- 2010: Yiannis Okkas becomes the first Cypriot to earn 100 caps as Cyprus lose 2-1 to Norway in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
- 2015: The National Football Team lose 1-3 in Belfast against N. Ireland and set a negative record of 12 straight matches without a victory.
- 1952: Takis Koroneos, basketball player
- 1955: Gikas Chardouvelis, economist, cabinet minister
- 1983: Anna Pollatou, gymnast, bronze medalist in 2000 Olympiad.