Phantis:Selected anniversaries/June 7
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1834: Greek War of Independence hero, Theodoros Kolokotronis, was sentenced to death.
- 1958: Turkish-Cypriot extremists burned down the club offices of Olympiakos Lefkosia FC.
- 1959:The first elafro music festival was held in Greece, organized by the National Institute of Radio (EIR)
- 1989: Opposition leader, Constantine Mitsotakis, demanded the deportation of the Turkish Consul to Komotini for direct involvement in the last Greek elections.
- 1991: Judicial authorities in Greece decided to prosecute all the newspapers that published the last proclamation of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November.
- Deaths: Athanasios Miaoulis, Prime Minister (1867), Malvina Karali, reporter and playwriter (2002).