Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 681: The Sixth Ecumenical Council ends with a condemnation of Monothelitism.
- 1916: Nikolaos Kalogeropoulos forms a government.
- 1918: Bulgaria surrenders to the Entente allies in Thessaloniki.
- 1927: Marika Kotopouli and her theatre group put on Euripides' play "Hecuba" in modern Greek causing a stir in conservative circles.
- 1978: Abortions are legalised in Greece but only under certain specific circumstances.
- 2007: Incumbent PM Costas Karamanlis narrowly wins the national elections of Greece that were characterised by a swing away from the two major political parties.
- 2008: In their maiden appearance in the Group Stage of the Champions' League, Anorthosis Famagusta draw with Werder 0-0 in Bremen.
- 1934: George Chakiris, Greek-American dancer and actor
- 1983: Katerine Avgoustakis, Greek-Belgian singer
- 1977: Maria Callas, Greek-American diva
- 1978: Lavrentis Dianellos, actor