Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1176: The Byzantines, under Manuel I Comnenus, are defeated at Myriokefalon by the Seljuk Turks.
- 1960: Cyprus is accepted into the UN.
- 1961: Adnan Menderes is hanged in the Prince's Islands. Among the accusations brought against the former Turkish PM was his tolerance of the Istanbul Pogrom against the Greek minority.
- 1965: Stephanos Stephanopoulos is asked to form a government after Elias Tsirimokos fails to get a vote of confidence in Parliament.
- 2004: Imprisoned members of the Revolutionary Organization 17 November go on hunger strike to protest the "harsh" conditions of their imprisonment.
- 2013: 34-year old rapper, Pavlos Fyssas, is murdered by members of Golden Dawn in Keratsini.
- 2006: Marcos Baghdatis defeats Mario Ancic to win the China Open.
- 2009: The new Europa League group stage commences. AEK and Panathinaikos lose to Everton (0-4) and Galatasaray (1-3) respectively.
- 2012: Panionios defeat OFI 2-1 in a game where all three goals were own goals.
- 1956: Kostas Orfanos, footballer
- 1973: Demis Nikolaidis, football player, AEK FC President
- 1982: Manos Loizos, composer
- 1996: Spiro Agnew, Greek-American Vice-President of the United States.
- 2011: Phaedon Mattheou, basketball player and coach.