Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1941: German troops enter Chalkida and invade Attica.
- 1941: German paratroopers occupy the Corinth Isthmus.
- 1941: Adolf Hitler signs Directive Number 28, ordering the invasion of Crete.
- 1957: A major earthquake (7.2 on the Richter scale) strikes Rhodes and the surrounding areas including the neighbouring Turkish coasts.
- 1974: Archbishop Makarios III declares EOKA B' to be an illegal organisation.
- 2011: Greece withdraws from World Children's Games in Ankara due to the presence of a team from the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus".
- 2021: Greece mourns its 10,000th casualty due to COVID-19.
- 2015: The women’s water polo team of Olympiakos win their first ever Euro League title by beating holders Sabadell from Spain 10-9