- 1909: The Ottoman government demands that Greece condemn the Cretan revolt. The Greek government replies that its position on the matter has been "exemplary".
- 1917: The city centre of Thessaloniki is destroyed by a fire.
- 1929: Spyros Mercouris is elected Mayor of Athens.
- 1949: Yugoslavia decides to return some 11,300 children that were forcibly expatriated from Greece during the Greek Civil War.
- 1973 - Three people were killed and 55 wounded after two Arab gunmen opened fire and threw grenades into a crowded passenger lounge at Athens airport.
- 1962: Vasilis Syllis breaks the Greek record for the 400m with a 47.70 performance. The record will stand for 8 years.