- 1918: The Greek government appropriates lignite mines and compensates the proprietors
- 1931: Greek and Bulgarian troops clash at the border. One Greek soldier is killed.
- 1942: The EAM Youth Movement is founded during the Axis occupation of Greece.
- 1969: Glafkos Clerides announces the formation of a new conservative party in Cyprus the United Nationalist Alignment (Eniaio) Party.
- 1971: The Mount Parnes Casino is opened for business.
- 1983: The figures of the 1981 Census are announced: the population of Greece stands at 9,740,411.
- 1990: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November sends a proclamation to the "Epikairotita" newspaper, assuming responsibility for stealing two bazookas from the Greek War Museum.
- 1993: Female readers of "Harlequin" romance novels in 14 countries name Greeks as the sexiest men in the world.