- 1912: The "Free State" of Icaria is proclaimed.
- 1918: Greek-American George Dilboy knocks out three German machine gun nests, continues fighting despite the loss of a leg and finally is killed in the attack on Belleau Woods in World War I. His heroism earned him a posthumous Medal of Honor.
- 1922: The Greek government declares Asia Minor independent, after truce signing negotations with Turkey fail.
- 1929: Themistocles Sofoulis become leader of the Liberal Party.
- 1982: The first civil wedding takes place in Greece, on the island of Icaria, between Mr Dimitris Mavros and Miss Stamatoula Plakida.