Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1923: The "Alexander Z" sinks in the Saronic Gulf. 150 sailors drown.
- 1981: An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale, strikes Epirus
- 1991: The trial for the Bank of Crete scandal begins with Giorgos Koskotas as the chief defendant.
- 1973: The derby between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos is stopped in the 83rd minute of play, by referee Latsios, due to the fracas that breaks out on the pitch between the players of the two teams. The match will later be awarded to Olympiakos (2-0 on a forfeit).
- 2008: Olympiacos CFP parts company with head coach Panagiotis Lemonis despite the club lying in second place in the Super League. This was the second time they called it splits, the first was in 2002.