- 1907: Greek refugees from Anchialos, Eastern Rumelia, found the town of Nea Anchialos in Magnesia prefecture, Thessaly.
- 1913: The Greek Army liberates Samos.
- 1914: The Greek Army withdraws from the Chimara area in Northern Epirus.
- 1948: The National Forces launch "Operation Pergamos" to drive the Democratic Army of Greece from the Mourgana mountains.
- 1957: The Battle of Machairas begins as the British come upon the cave where Grigoris Afxentiou and his men were hiding out.
- 1972: Three Cypriot Metropolitans demand that Makarios III step down from the Presidency of the island-Republic.