Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1907: Greek refugees from Anchialos, Eastern Rumelia, found the town of Nea Anchialos in Magnesia prefecture, Thessaly.
- 1913: The Greek Army liberates Samos.
- 1914: The Greek Army withdraws from the Chimara area in Northern Epirus.
- 1948: The National Forces launch "Operation Pergamos" to drive the Democratic Army of Greece from the Mourgana mountains.
- 1957: The Battle of Machairas begins as the British come upon the cave where Grigoris Afxentiou and his men were hiding out.
- 1972: Three Cypriot Metropolitans demand that Makarios III step down from the Presidency of the island-Republic.
- 1986: Vasilis Hadjipanagis scores Iraklis' 1000th goal in the Football A Division as his team defeats Olympiakos 3-1.
- 2014: Panathinaikos ends Olympiakos' 27-match unbeaten league run with a 3-0 away victory.
- 1921: Kazimierz Gorski, football coach
- 1924: Renos Apostolidis, writer.
- 1927: John Brademas, Greek-American politician.
- 1939: Aristides Kamaras, footballer
- 1947: Stelios Vamvakaris, musician