Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1944: The Greek government-in-exile meets with representatives of the various guerrila movements in Lebanon.
- 1999: The Revolutionary Organisation 17 November launch a rocket attack on the German Ambassador's residence in retaliation for the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia.
- 2000: Stephen Saunders, the British defense attache is murdered by the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November while stopped in traffic in Filothei.
- 2022: PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis addresses a joint session of the US Congress - the first Greek leader to ever do so.
- 1963: Stjepan Bobek takes over as coach of Panathinaikos FC.
- 1964: AE Larisa is founded from the merger of four local clubs.
- 1978: AEK humble Olympiakos 6-1 in the semifinal of the Greek Football Cup. Thomas Mavros scores 3 goals, Dusan Bajevic, Tasos Konstantinou and Takis Nikoloudis the other 3.
- 1987: Panathinaikos suffer their worst home defeat ever at the hands of Ethnikos Piraeus 3-6.
- 1998: Stelios Manolas plays his last game as AEK defeat SKODA Xanthi (2-0).
- 2008: Olympiakos defeat Aris 2-0 in the final of the Greek Football Cup and win the double.
- 2008: APOEL defeat Anorthosis 2-0 in the final of the Cyprus Football Cup with Nikos Machlas making his final appearance as a player.
- 2012: The first match of the basketball championship series between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos is postponed as the bus carrying Panathinaikos' players to the stadium is ambushed resulting in injuries to players Stratos Perperoglou and Stephen Smith.
- 2016: AEK defeat Olympiakos 2-1 to lift the Greek Football Cup.
- 1891: Napoleon Zervas, Greek resistance leader
- 1943: Viki Moscholiou, singer
- 1958: Grigoris Charalambidis, footballer
- 1964: Stratos Apostolakis, footballer