- 1914: Damaging earthquakes strike Lefkada, causing 16 fatalities.
- 1919: The Treaty of Neuilly is signed; Greece acquires Thrace from Bulgaria.
- 1921: Meletios Metaxakis, Archbishop of North and South America, is elected Ecumenical Patriarch. Meletios was labeled a Venizelist.
- 1925: Theodoros Pangalos tries to assert his authority by holding a publicly held hanging execution; Drakakos and Zafeiropoulos were executed for embezzling public monies.
- 1940: Maria Callas makes her first professional performance in the National Opera House, playing Beatrice in "Boccaccio".
- 1940: The Battle of Pogradec commences.
- 1969: Two Jordanians attack the offices of El Al in Athens with hand grenades, killing a Greek boy, Giorgos Nastos.
- 1999: Kakhi Kakhiasvili wins 3 gold metals at 94 kg the World Weightlifting Championship games held in Athens.
- 2004: The relics of Saint Gregory Nazianzenus are returned to Constantinople by the Roman Catholic Church.
- 1963: The players of PAOK walk off the pitch when the Bulgarian referee denies them an obvious penalty against Olympiakos. Olympiakos are awarded the match 2-0 (forfeit).
- 1963: Cyprus defeat Greece 3-1 in the first game ever played between the two teams. Mimis Papaioannou debuts with Greece.
- 2008: Olympiakos humble Benfica 5-1 in the UEFA Cup.