Jump to navigation Jump to search
Petros Anagnostakis was a Greek Laiko singer.
He was born in 1933 in Tambouria, a poor section of Piraeus and started his recording career in 1959. Of special note was his partnership with Roula Kalaki - at a time when male-female partnerships were in style in Greek music - which produced many fine songs. In 1963, their song "Μέσα σε μια νύχτα" (In a night) broke the all-time record for a laiko single with 120,000 sold.
Owing to his good looks, Anagnostakis also appeared in several Greek films singing his songs.
He died on June 1, 1995 of cancer.
- Ήρθα κι απόψε στα σκαλοπάτια σου - I came once more to your door steps
- Μακάρι να μάθω πως έχεις πλουτίσει - I hope to hear that you hit the big time
- Μέσα σε μια νύχτα - In a night
- Δεν ανθίζουν λουλούδια - Flowers don't bloom
- Οι 10 συμβουλές - Ten pieces of advice
- Για την καρδιά μου εσύ δεν είσαι - You're not right for my heart
- Άγιε Νικόλα μου - Saint Nicholas
- Δεν είσαι εσύ; - Aren't you the one?
- Για μένα φτάνει ο Χειμώνας - For me, winter has arrived
- Κάποιο τραίνο καταραμένο - Some cursed train
- Η μαύρη κατάρα - The black curse
- Μοίρες, μοίρες - Fates, fates
- Περπατώ και σφυρίζω θλιμμένα - I walk and whistle a sad tune
- Πληγωμένοι κι οι δυο - Both of us are hurt
- Το μυστικό μας - Our secret
- Τρεις ανθρώπους αγαπώ - I love three persons
- Ύποπτος ο έρωτας σου - Your love is suspicious