- 1814: The "Friendly Society" (Filiki Eteria) is founded in Odessa.
- 1909: Workers in Athens demonstrate in favour of the Military Association.
- 1943: Germans destroy 11 villages in Heraklio prefecture. 352 villagers are killed.
- 1943: Greek guerrilas, belonging to the EKKA resistance movement, attack and defeat a group of German soldiers at Skaloula. Five Germans are killed and nearly 20 are wounded.
- 1944 German forces execute 114 residents of Giannitsa.
- 1980: The Greek Ministry of Education announces the abolition of entrance exams from Primary into Secondary schools.
- 1999: Deputy Foreign Minister Yiannis Kranidiotis and his entourage are killed in an air accident in Romania.