Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1921: The First Battle of Inonu commences.
- 1938: Crown Prince Paul of Greece marries Princess Frederika in Athens.
- 1948: The Hellenic Parliament passes Law 518 annexing the Dodecanese islands.
- 1956: EOKA fighter, Kyriakos Matsis, is arrested, along with his brother Yiannakis, by the British.
- 1965: The Greek government officially announces that 4,000 Greeks were forced to leave Istanbul during 1964 - the year of the Cyprus crisis.
- 1979: Greek television begins broadcasting in color using the French system SECAM. It will later be replaced by the German PAL.
- 2015: Cyprus Airways ceases operations after the EU rules they cannot receive any further state aid.