(Redirected from 12 April)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1204: Constantinople falls to the Crusaders during the Fourth Crusade.
- 1820: Alexander Ypsilantis is chosen to lead Filiki Eteria.
- 1830: The Ottoman Empire accepts Greek independence.
- 1914: An Albanian unit is decimated by Cretan volunteers at Logara, Northern Epirus.
- 1991: Greek-American Senator, Paul Tsongas, announces his candidacy for the US Presidency.
- 1994: Greece and Albania expel each others diplomats over an attack at an army base in Argyrokastro that Albania claimed was the work of Greek agents.
- 2018: A Greek Mirage 2000-5 fighter jet goes down, off the coast of Skyros, killing its pilot. The jet had been on a mission to intercept Turkish jets.
- 1871: Ioannis Metaxas, General and politician who led Greece during the beginning of World War II
- 1926: Themis Cholevas, basketball player.
- 1935: Jimmy Makulis, Elafro singer.