Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 1: A movement to oust King Otto of Greece is put down by Athanasios Miaoulis.
- October 10: King Otto is overthrown by a popular revolt.
- November 10: Athenians take to the streets in support of the candidacy of Prince Alfred of England to take over the Greek throne. The British will not allow Alfred to accept the honour.
- December 10: The Second National Assembly of Greece meets after the ouster of King Otto.
- February 27: Anastasios Metaxas, restorer of Panathenaic Stadium
- Date Unknown: Themistocles Sofoulis, archaeologist, Prime Minister
- Date Unknown: Ioannis Polemis, poet
- Date Unknown: Anastasios Charalabis, Prime Minister
- October 24: Theodoros Grivas, revolutionary.