Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 491: Anastasius I becomes Byzantine emperor
- 1034: Michael IV the Paphlagonian marries empress Zoe and ascends to the Byzantine throne.
- 1838: The people of Hydra revolt, demanding exclusion from Greek conscription laws. The revolt will last five days.
- 1911: An English military delegation arrives in Greece. Its task is to reform the Hellenic Navy.
- 1965: Dervis Ali Kavazoglou and Kostas Misiaoulis, both members of left wing AKEL party, are shot to death in Cyprus by TMT terrorists.
- 2008: Turkish Cypriot leader, Mehmet Ali Talat, used the newly-opened Ledra Street crossing to visit the Greek side of Lefkosia. Talat called his impromptu visit a "message of friendship".
- 2012: Former Minister, Akis Tsochatzopoulos, is arrested on money laundering charges.
- 1939: Nikos Syllas breaks the Greek record in the discus: 51.00m
- 1961: Pierikos is established from the merger of Megas Alexandros Katerini and Olympus Katerini.
- 1996: Panathinaikos defeat Barcelona 67-66 and win the European Euroleague.
- 2000: AEK defeat Kinder Bologna 83-76 in Lausanne to win the Saporta Cup.