Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1686: Venetian General Francesco Morosini takes Nafplio from the Turks.
- 1939: The volcano at Santorini erupts.
- 1964: PM Georgios Papandreou rejects the Acheson Plan for Cyprus.
- 2006: Major fires break out in Chalkidiki prefecture.
- 2009: More than 70 wildfires break out throughout Greece.
- 1950: Jason Zirganos swims across the English Channel in 16hrs 19mins.
- 1999: Katerina Thanou breaks the women's Greek record in the 100m with 10.83 at the Sevilla World Championships.
- 2004: Fani Halkia sets a new Olympic record in the 400m hurdles semi-finals with 52.77.
- 2004: Demosthenes Tambakos wins the gold medal with 9,862 points in the rings copetition at the Athens Olympic Games
- 2007: Theo Zagorakis played his 120th and final game for Greece — a national record - in a friendly game against Spain (2-3) held in his honor at Toumba Stadium, Thessaloniki.
- 2018: AEK defeat MOL Vidi 2-1 in Budapest marking a new record for Greek clubs in Europe: 13 straight games without a loss!